Sunday, 18 December 2011

Madam Mim, you nasty!



Hey guys! So my first deadline of year 2 has just passed by and I thought I'd post some keys and breakdowns from my animation assignment. I learnt sooo much from this exercise as it's the first time we've had to try and make a character perform with intentions, story and conviction. So as hard as it was to stay on model (mine definitely deviated from the original Mim, and in retrospect, I really should have paid a lot more attention to her ever charging arm length), and frustratingly crap when every other frame seemed like a mistake, I had a lot of fun ripping my hair out over this and can't wait to get back at my peg bar to try something new!

6 comments:

  1. Ha, great! Like the parachute dress lower left. Happy holidays, Woods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "UPLOAD THE TEST!" cry the hoards of Woods Fans! :D

    Cool stuff! And so this is a new thing then at Bournemouth? How does the 2nd Year work now? Back in my day (said with old quivering voice), we worked on 3rd year films for the 1st half, and then our pitch idea in the 2nd.... but here it seems you got pure character animation exercises which is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get to choose a character then? We all had to make sure it was Woody for our animations, if so... UNFAIR D:

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so awesome, James! I'm dying to see the test in the end! It's gonna be insane! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks guys! I'll get the test up in the near future alongside another test I've been working on this week!:D

    @Simon, Nah I wasn't allowed to choose, this is something I was working on in the studio

    ReplyDelete