Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Long Time No See

So it's been a long time since I've updated this thing, despite the fact that I've been trying to do it for months. I've gotta admit that I've been too nervous to update as my tastes are changing as I'm rediscovering the way I think about animation and design.

All that artsy fartsy thinking aside, a lot has happened over the past few months and I'm now half way through my first semester at CalArts. It's great. I wish I had more personal work to show, but I'm both too bummed to post them and equally embarrassed. But it's a good thing (kind of) because I'm changing my standards and adventuring into different aesthetics.

Here are some doodles and what nots from film idea stuff, test animation frames, life drawings etc. blah blah

Big foot WIP from James Woods on Vimeo.




(These animation frames read from Right to left)






There was this summer experience too. The most life changing, incredible, challenging, painful, brilliant experience I've had and I'm so grateful for everyone's generosity. Maybe one day I'll be allowed to show some of the work I produced?:S


7 comments:

  1. aaaah so good to see new work. Gorgeous, per usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artsy Fartsy, huh ;)
    It's great to hear you're having fun and exploring new things! Super excited to see where your work's headed - at the same time, keep at least a little of that J.Woods Touch that people have grown to love ;)
    Have a blast dude! (and rinse the British accent for all it's worth!! I don't wanna hear any Cali twangs when I see you next :P )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really inspiring stuff, your designs always bring a smile to my face!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So friggin delightful! So happy to see your recent work and excited for what's to come! :)

    ReplyDelete